Sunday, April 05, 2009

March - The zoo and my garden

Christopher and Caleb at the zoo. In the course of about 10 minutes, while we stopped for a snack, they both managed to fall down and skin something. Luckily, Caleb had brought his "first aid kit" with colorful bandages in it, and they had to stop and pose for an "owie picture."

Trying to see over the wall at the prairie dog enclosure.
Somewhere along our path they had each picked up a stick and it was quite the process for them to figure out what to do with their sticks while we were trying to get them to pose for a picture by the frog. They kept trying to put them down the backs of their shirts. Didn't look comfy to me, but it's hard to convince the boys of that.


A highlight of the month: MY GARDEN! Matt built the garden box for me - their is mortar between them there bricks, that thing is sturdy and not going anywhere - and I headed to the nursery for some plants. The lovely bin in the background is my compost barrel. From front to back we have red swiss chard, green bell peppers, cilantro, green onion, anaheim peppers and tomatoes.

Just a view from the other side. Tomato plant in the foreground. Still small, but it gets better as time goes on. I'll post those pictures too at another time. I'm just excited that I got it in! Basically a salsa garden, with the exception of the swiss chard, which is just yummy when you saute it in some olive oil with some minced garlic. Mmmmm.....





1 comment:

Cook Zoo said...

Mmmm, fresh salsa! I love the pic of the boys putting the sticks down their shirts. LOL!