Sunday, April 05, 2009

The garden - one month later

I don't know if you can tell, but the plants have actually grown in a month and nothing has died! What you see snaking all around the plants is my soaker hose. It's a great way to slowly water the garden, but the smallest hose was 50 feet and not incredibly flexible, so it became an abstract art project to wrap it around all the plants without crushing any of them.

My tomato plant, starting to flower. Yippee.
East to west view: 2 rows swiss chard, 1 row lettuce, 1 row bell peppers, then cilantro, onions, tomato and anaheim peppers.



2 comments:

mad white woman said...

Oh so pretty! I have decided that I think I can be content in my house as long as I have my garden... and now my trees.

I have seen so many people love the Phoenix Children's Museum. I've really got to check it out.

Cook Zoo said...

We have NOT had good luck with gardens, so I'm very impressed by this. :)