Thursday, September 11, 2008

The dangers of being domestic....



No, I did not decide to get some weird purple triangle tattoo outlined in red as some sign of solidarity with - is there a group that has a symbol like this?

I tried ironing last night. Yes. That is the shape of the top tip of my iron. Exactly. Ow. The funny thing is that I really couldn't precisely describe how I ironed my own hand. I was on the third shirt, I think the shirt started slipping off the board, the iron was in my right hand...somehow the two met and I sort of melted my own skin. Christopher keeps wanting to touch it. I keep trying to explain that touching an "owie" makes the owie feel worse and not better. So then he wants to know how long it will be before it feels better...

4 comments:

mad white woman said...

OUCH! Maybe that's why I don't own an iron... ha ha.

Julie said...

That's why I don't iron. Seriously, I'm embarassed to admit that Ryan irons more than I do and usually I'll convince myself that those pants "don't really need to be ironed--I can get by."

(Okay, I don't iron not because I'll get burned but because I'm lazy--there's its out!)

Melis said...

Okay I know I should, but I can't resist-- pink triangle, I really never suspected you to sport one, of those especially since you are in a straight marriage. It may be time to have a heart to heart with your spouse.

Unknown said...

I thought it had to be a rainbow triangle to cause too much suspicion!