Thursday, August 28, 2008

Strange rumblings in the night....

We are having the craziest storm here tonight. We had huge winds, blowing rain, and then from inside the house we started noticing a lot of light flashes outside and neverending thunder sounds. Which is what it was. There is nearly constant lightning in the sky, but horizontally, up in the clouds, not from sky to ground. And the thunder isn't stopping. Hasn't for a good 20 minutes at least. I'm waiting for the 10:00 news to see what the weather man has to say, because I'm sure this will be the lead story. Any weather around here usually is, but this is truly unusual. I've never seen anything like it before. I tried to get a little bit of video, and if I ever figure out YouTube, I'll try to post it, but it probably won't do justice to what we've been seeing.

No comments: